Blogs > Lighten Up with Christy

Christy Bielek of Mentor participated in Lighten Up in 2013, but said she wanted to come back to finish what she started in 2014.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

w/o 3-31

OMG!!!! I almost forgot to post for this week!!! Glad I remembered today!!

Good Luck to all who are weighing in today!  I know the anticipation of getting on that scale is a love/hate feeling, but it's what we all need to either get or stay motivated to continue on this journey!!  I had to weigh in on Tuesday and I walked out of there much happier with my results from this past month!!  So, staying mindful of what I did to make this weigh in successful, I vow to continue thru April with the same path of healthy diet and as much exercise as I can fit in to my daily schedule.

That being said, come on Spring!! I have found that doing my walking outside is so much more enjoyable and actually refreshing!  And, not being on a treadmill that sort of forces me to keep a regular, even pace makes a difference in the effort that I put into walking.  It's so much easier to change my pace to get the extra burn and when I have my buds in, the music always challenges my pace too!  Not that it doesn't on the machine, but if I want to add a little extra bounce and dance shaking to my walk, I feel much safer doing it on my own than on the treadmill when I don't have to worry about pushing all those buttons!! 

I am so thankful for the MYFITNESSPAL app on my phone.  I have been so much more diligent about recording my daily food intake than I ever was when I kept track on paper (which basically didn't happen after the first couple of days).  And the app is way more user friendly than the VITABOT program.  With this app I have been able to really pay attention to what I'm consuming and I really know now what my portion sizes should be to stay within my self-imposed calorie range for the day.  And my food choices are so much better than they were before.

As we move on into our third month, I am quite sure that this will be another good month.  Stay positive and focused and good things will happen for all of us!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home