Blogs > Lighten Up with Christy

Christy Bielek of Mentor participated in Lighten Up in 2013, but said she wanted to come back to finish what she started in 2014.

Monday, March 18, 2013

w/o 3-17

I hope everyone had a Happy St. Patrick's Day and were able to stay on track with your own individual program.  I L-O-V-E corned beef and also Irish soda bread so this was especially challenging for me to be reasonable with the portion control!!!!  I did OK (went a bit over my calorie allotment for the day - actually for the weekend) but I figure some extra workout and walking will take care of it.  I tried to keep in the back of my mind that my progress so far has been kinda hard to get to so I didn't want to impede the process by knowingly indulging in too much of the "bad stuff".

I really felt the absence of Jess this week.  I have become so used to the routine of bootcamp that even just missing one day made a difference in how I felt this past week.  Back to it this week though, thank heavens!!  I now know that when this is over, I will definitely have a good schedule in place to continue with exercise and I am sure I will be able to maintain as I go forward.  And by then the improved eating habits should be well into place.  Therefore, I will have no excuse for not continuing a healthier and more active lifestyle down the road!!

I am so very thankful that I have taken this challenge*:) happy  I have been given a chance to change my health for the better and also along with that change comes a better attitude in general.  I feel so much more positive about other aspects of my life and I find that I can think clearer about different life events that come my way.  I am confident that when the big "60" day comes (very soon at that), I will feel nothing but renewed and ready to age in a healthier and more positive way.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, fulfilling week!!  Stay focused and be positive comrades!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home