Blogs > Lighten Up with Christy

Christy Bielek of Mentor participated in Lighten Up in 2013, but said she wanted to come back to finish what she started in 2014.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

w/o 3-3

Just a little off this week.  Hurt my knee during workout Tuesday morning but by Saturday it was almost back to normal.  However, I did the best I could at all the classes and I know it's paying off; I can definitely feel and see changes happening.  I started using MyFitnessPal also and am finding it much easier to navigate thru it rather than the VitaBot program.  It's much more user friendly and less time consuming.

I was also able to get my equipment training completed at the Mentor Senior Center, so now I have the workout room there available also.  I will be working out there on my days off from bootcamp until the weather gets a bit warmer and then I'll take my walking outside.

The dinners at Cabanas are AWESOME!   I am so happy that Jamie and Mike were able to put this wonderful perk together for us!!  It's a nice time to get out, meet some of my fellow Lighten-Uppers, and see that wonderful meals can be had -- just need to be more vigilant of looking at menu options and ASK if changes can be made to menu offerings to suit diet needs.  I have found that most places will accommodate special requests (within reason).  I am also finding new flavor combos that I can replicate at home with my own cooking and that certainly helps make meals more interesting and more fun to experiment with.  Not so sure my spouse will agree with that, but he is being a good sport in that he tries to eat whatever I fix for my dietary needs which means I don't have to cook separate meals for each of us - YAY!!  Anyway, he can actually benefit from the new way of eating - he really needs this change too!!!!

So - a new month - a new week and new challenges to take on!  Let's hope this will be a good month for all of us.  Keep working hard and stay positive.... I'm cheering for everyone to keep going and have success*=D> applause*=D> applause*=D> applause    BTW - HAPPY ST. PAT'S DAY TO EVERYONE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home